Are you interested in clear aligners in Saskatoon or Watrous? The goal of orthodontic treatments as a general dentist is to straighten the teeth, so they not only look great but work better as well. While there are many types of orthodontic treatments, they all put gentle pressure on the teeth in order to slowly move them into a more desirable position over months or years.
Reasons for Orthodontic Treatment
Some of the most common reasons to seek orthodontic treatment include:
- Overjet – when the front upper teeth protrude forward
- Deep Bite – when the front teeth extend too low and cover the bottom teeth
- Underbite – when the upper teeth fit behind the front bottom teeth
- Open Bite – when the back teeth are touching, but there is a gap in the space between the upper and lower teeth in the front
- Gaps – when there are spaces between the teeth
- Crossbite – when the top and bottom teeth do not line up with each other
After consulting with you, as a general dentist, we can recommend the best course of action to help you get your teeth aligned. Clear aligners like Invisalign can be used to align your teeth in a nearly invisible way.
About Clear Aligners
Clear aligners are less visible and have a different approach to straightening teeth. After determining what your ideal smile should be, we will work backwards to determine how many steps it will take to get you to that goal. For each step, a clear aligner is made that easily slips on to the teeth. It slowly moves the teeth a small amount, and each aligner afterwards handles a small portion of the overall orthodontic treatment.
Benefits of Clear Aligners
Benefits of using clear braces to straighten your teeth:
- Discreet – Invisalign is nearly invisible, so you can straighten your teeth without having to wear noticeable metal braces. This is particularly useful for adults that want to straighten their teeth discreetly.
- Eating is easier – Eating with metal braces can be a messy affair. Food often gets trapped between the wire and your teeth. With Invisalign, you can easily remove them and enjoy your food.
- Improved oral hygiene – Keeping your teeth clean with metal braces is tricky. Flossing becomes nearly impossible, and brushing is difficult. Invisalign can be removed, so brushing and flossing are just like how they are before.
- Less dental appointments – Traditional metal braces require frequent orthodontic adjustments, but Invisalign requires less visits to the dentist.
- Remove as needed – Giving a big presentation at school or at work? Have a date that you want to impress? You can remove your Invisalign aligners as needed so that you won’t feel self-conscious about speaking in front of others or getting close to someone. Just keep them in for 22 hours a day to ensure the treatment keeps working.
Book an appointment today at our locally owned and operated dental practice in Saskatoon or Watrous.
Note, there are certain instances where conventional braces may be recommended over Invisalign or clear aligners and each individual case is unique.
At Wheatland Dental, we provide treatment options and treatment as general dentists. We will screen and assess your current condition and treatment goals and with your best interests in mind, may make the recommendation for a consult and/or treatment with an Orthodontic Specialist depending on the complexity of the case.