Looking for dental crowns in Saskatoon or Watrous? When a tooth or teeth are missing, it can start a chain reaction of other issues in the mouth. The uneven spread of chewing can cause other teeth to take on more work and get worn down. Without a tooth taking up space, the neighbouring teeth can start to move and cause other teeth to become crooked. Missing teeth can also make a person feel self-conscious and not want to smile as much as they should.
Reasons for Dental Crowns:
- Protect heavily restored teeth from fracture – Teeth with large restorations or fractures are weakened and crowns are a way to prevent further fracture of these teeth.
- Protect root canaled teeth – Teeth with root canals are generally more prone to fracture therefore crowns are a good way to prevent tooth fracture.
- Cosmetic reasons – We are able to change the shape and color of teeth with crowns.
Reasons for Dental Bridges:
- Replace missing teeth therefore restoring the ability to properly speak and eat.
- Decrease stress on remaining dentition as it allows for more surface area to spread out chewing forces.
- Maintain tooth position so teeth do not drift.
Along with dental bridges, there are other methods for restoring missing teeth.
Contact our Saskatoon or Watrous office today to set up an appointment to discuss which treatment options are best for you.